sane wedding planning

wedding related ramblings revolving around sanity and practicality, with a little bit of geekery and crazy just for fun!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Snohomish Wedding Tour


What a fun day at the Snohomish Wedding Tour! This was my first wedding show as a vendor, so I went into it not knowing what to expect. It was pretty fun – not nearly as nerve wracking as I thought it would be. I’m not terribly comfortable when trying to sell my own services, I always prefer word of mouth and testimonials do that. I tried to just be myself and chat with couples, figuring if they are looking for a planner and we hit it off, well then these are my people and we’ll have a blast working together.
I met some pretty fun couples. I tweeted earlier about a bride who is getting married at Timberline Lodge – I totally want to go to that one!! Seriously, I can’t imagine it could be more heavenly than watching the happy couple say I do up at the Magic Mile, then strapping on my snowboard for a ride down. Granted, they are getting married in the lodge not right on the mountain (hmmm, maybe not??!). But still. It’s fun to think about!
I heard some great engagement stories and I am crossing my fingers that they email them to me so I can share them with you all here on this blog. One oh so savvy groom-to-be planned ahead on a trip to Teatro Zinzanni; another one got all the brides friends involved, had to get the security guards okay … well, the best part of the story was listening to these two tell it because they were just so darn cute about it!
One of my favorite moments today was when I was chatting with a cute woman in her 60s who was touring because "someday" her daughter was going to get married and she wanted to be prepared. She said she goes to lots of wedding shows, but has never told her daughter. Love it!!
Though I am obviously hoping to get a few more happy couples to work with as a result of the show, it was just too much fun chatting with all these cute, giddy newly engaged couples. All in all a fun day for sure! A special shout out to all the vendors I worked with today - it was cold, but we had a good time!
Be sure and check out Blue Wing Photos facebook page, she's going to upload all the photos from her photo booth - what a hit that was!

No comments:

Post a Comment