sane wedding planning

wedding related ramblings revolving around sanity and practicality, with a little bit of geekery and crazy just for fun!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Wedding Stories

You guys, for the first time I feel like there are actually people out there reading the blogs and postings I put up. You don’t even KNOW how exciting this is for me. I love reading about all this wedding stuff and sharing my knowledge with anyone who will listen; it’s pretty freakin awesome that there are people out there who DO want to listen. You, reading this post, you rock.
You may have noticed I have been asking my friends and thier friends for wedding stories to tell. People like to talk about their weddings, and I really feel those stories should get told, not matter how long ago the wedding happened. There are things to be learned from every story and these voices of wisdom should be shared! I have had some great conversations with friends lately, via email and in person, about their weddings and I can’t wait to share them with you folks too.
One friend shared with me this weekend that a few weeks before her big day, after the invitations were printed, she got a call from her venue that they DIDN’T PASS THEIR FIRE INSPECTION!! The venue had to close down until they could be brought back up to code. So my panicked friend had to scramble around and find a new venue on short notice (not to mention print up new invitations!) – it really takes a village people. Her friends and family pulled through and made it happen for her, but she wants a do-over (for various other reasons, hopefully to be shared later); a more personal, casual ceremony that is more fitting of the two of them. Then, she says, then she will be ready to tell her story.
Another friend emailed me with her parents story, a story of second marriages, second chances … one of those make-your-heart-melt sort of stories. I can’t wait to hear the rest of that one too (hint hint, friend).
The one that makes me laugh is a picture posted on a friends facebook page from his wedding day. His comment, “hand in the pocket because I punched a wall earlier in the day. Not everything went as planned.” This would be another story I’d like to hear!
For now, friends and wedding fanatics, I am going to ask you for some help. I am trying to come up with a name for this new series of articles. I have my creative juices flowing, but nothing is working for me yet.
Voices From Weddings Past? Eh.
MY Wedding Story? Maybe.
Yep, that’s all I’ve got so far. Help.
And, again, if you have a story you want to share, be it yours, your parents, your grandparents, a wedding you went to as a guest … if there’s a story, I’d love to hear it and share it with this little community we are creating. Leave me a comment. Email me.

Please.

1 comment:

  1. Some ideas: Wedding Voices; Past Perfect (or Imperfect); Shared Experiences; Past, Present and Future; Blush - The Wedding Experience; Actually I like the last one the best.

    ReplyDelete