sane wedding planning

wedding related ramblings revolving around sanity and practicality, with a little bit of geekery and crazy just for fun!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

You are beautiful just the way you are!!

I was reading through Twitter earlier and came across a tweet from my friend @moodeous, a Denver area photographer. Rather than expound (too much) on the article she linked to, and my thoughts on the wedding industry when it comes to the pressure they add, I will just leave you with the following twitter conversation. Because it really says it all.

@moodeous: Ladies, as a photographer I want you to know I think you're beautiful the way you are and I bet your fiance thinks so too!
Me: I love this! Spread that message, it's powerful and beautiful.

@moodeous: thank you!!! Cause seriously, they asked YOU not someone you're going to be!
Me: Right!? Because there needs to be MORE pressure on women to look "perfect". Ugh. Stupid WIC.


She had linked to an article titled 15 Beauty Tips Every Bride Should Know, but I don't really want to give it any more attention by adding a link here. Because, obviously, I hate the message it is sending.

So, please. Take a moment to realize that you are beautiful the way you are. Your fiance fell in love with YOU, in all your glory, for better and for worse. You don't need to get a spray tan and a manicure and a professional make-over to be worthy. You just need to smile, and let that newly-engaged or newly-married or about-to-be-married glow do it's thing. Because it shines brighter than any make-over ever will.

You are beautiful just. The way. You are.


No comments:

Post a Comment